Sunday, May 27, 2012

No, it was not by accident you stumbled here. It was fate.



Welcome to the blog that loves soccer. Specifically, soccer in New England. So much so that it decided to create itself for the sole purpose of documenting the sport in the unspoiled land that is Connecticut, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, New Hampshire, Vermont and Maine. Yes, this blog is a sentient being...

OK, so maybe it isn't.

Anyway, the reason why I created this blog is two-fold. The first reason is to document, first-hand, the soccer landscape within the region. After all, the Revolution aren't the only ticket in town. Second, it gives me a good excuse to watch more soccer. And who doesn't like more soccer?

Before I go any further, I'd like to thank two people who inspired me to undertake this project.

The first is Ben Hill of Ben's Biz Blog fame, one of the most utterly awesome sports blogs in the universe. Seriously, I'd gladly trade my autographed 1994 Topps card of Tony Meola in a New York Jets uniform if I could write as colorfully as him.

The next is Steve Bayley, who currently publishes the Deep in the Pyramid blog. After faithfully reading all of his posts at least five times each, I've slept better knowing that my fascination with lower division soccer isn't something to be ashamed about.

Anyway, I welcome you to kick back, relax, and allow me to be your guide for an exploration of the beautiful game in the part of the country where it first flourished.


No comments:

Post a Comment